Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Design Touchstone: AKA: Who I'm ripping off

 As my prototype for my design layout I'm using The Dark Tower graphic novel by Stephen King. The art by Jae Lee is exactly the style of dynamic shading and use of black that I want to visually bring across in my story. I like the black margins and how they sometimes overlap boxes or make them come off the page in full bleed. I also like the chapter format over the splash page format. Though the typography is fairly standard I really like how the gritty style of the caption boxes adds to the atmosphere. I think I will create my own font but use this style of caption box. I really love this style of visual story telling and dynamic use of scenes. The use of boxes is horizontal for the most part which creates a very interesting perspective that is quit dramatc.

No comments:

Post a Comment